Contact George Ferguson for more information
What is the Summer Business Camp – Mensch Management?
A two-week experiential, pragmatic experience where the non-business major can learn the basics, and the business student can get a head start, providing an advantage in getting a job after graduation
Who is it for?
Undergraduate students from Rockhurst University and surrounding colleges and universities
When is it?
Monday, May 14, 2012 through Wednesday, May 23, 2012. Students meet all day and some evenings during the week, plus Saturday morning.
What will I learn?
The basics and the language of business in areas including ethics, accounting, finance, economics, marketing, leading people and teams
How will it be done?
A summer immersion camp designed to teach business basics using a combination of classroom and pragmatic, hands-on experiences, including:
• Profit & Cash – to help teach basics of accounting and finance
• Marketplace simulation – to help teach basics of marketing and business strategy
• Mensch Manager® topics – to learn the aspects of working with people
• Personal topics – personal selling and personal finance, to help with life
• Team Challenge – proposal given to assigned area companies to provide consulting solutions for real-life issues
• Company visits – to give background on the companies participating in the challenges
• Coaching – by Executive Fellows and advanced MBA students to provide help in team challenges
What will I get from it?
• A basic understanding of the workings and language of business, making you more marketable to employers no matter what your major and degree
• Contacts with area business managers and owners
• Experience in creating solutions to real-life company issues
• Direction in making decisions on personal finance and life topics
• The Certificate in Mensch Management from the Helzberg School of Management
What is the investment?
For 2012, $498 which includes all meals, lodging in Rockhurst residence halls and materials. Space is limited, and allocated on a first come/first served basis. To reserve your seat for the session a $50 non-refundable deposit is due by April 13, 2012. Deposit applied to total amount due. Balance due by check-in on May 14, 2012.